OUTDOOR FROST PROTECTION PRODUCTS
1. It must be ensured that the product is frost resistant. Tiles belonging to
group BI, (porcelain tiles) are recommended. In any case consult the technical
characteristics in our catalogue.
2. Prior to laying the product, the wall or floor must be perfectly levelled, either
with levelling paste or mortar, forming the necessary slopes (2%) to prevent
water stagnation. In terraces or uncovered areas, waterproofing and drainage
connected to a drain under the floor screed is recommended.
3. A special adhesive cement for exteriors must be used and always place the
pieces with a joint of more than 5 mm, always use special grout for exteriors,
covering the joint and prevent water from filtering through the joint.
4. Expansion joints must be made all around the perimeter, every 6-9 m2 and
respect the structural expansion joints.
5. Always use a notched trowel in the application of the cement adhesive, the
tiles should be hammered with a rubber hammer. No voids should be left
under the surface of the piece, that is to say, it must be totally solidified.
1. It is recommended to use always a levelling system. Do not wet the pieces
before its placement. Rectified products have to be installed always dry in
order to avoid possible deformations of the material.
2. Prior to laying the rectified product, the wall must be plumbed with mortar.
The minimum setting time of this surface should be 2-3 days.
3. Once the mortar is completely dry, the trowel should be used to apply the
tile adhesive. The instructions indicated by the manufacturer on the product
packaging must be strictly followed.
4. For a correct placement it is recommended a minimum joint between pieces
of 2 mm.
5. The fixing, placement and seating of the pieces should never be done by
hitting the material.
6. The walls must be completed.
7. Protect the pavements from premature traffic during the hardening phase.
8. Once all the pieces are in place and the tile adhesive has dried, proceed
to grouting with grout and a rubber trowel. It is necessary to follow the
instructions of kneading and placement indicated by the manufacturer on
the product package.
9. Once the material has been grouted, it should be cleaned with a damp
sponge, before the definitive hardening of the grouting.
FITTING RECOMENDATIONS FOR BIG SIZES WITH LEVELING SYSTEM
Grupo Halcon offers a wide range of formats. Following the latest trends in
flooring, the sizes are getting larger. The advantage of these materials is that
they have a much greater flexibility while maintaining the values for hardness
and breaking strenth. In the market there are specific fitting systems for this
type of product for easy installation. With these systems, we are able to
overcome the unevenness of the floorand accommodate the curvature of
the pieces getting a much flatter surface Grupo Halcon, recommends the
use of a leveling system to optimize installation time, avoid irregularities in
the floor and get a perfect finish.
SUGGESTION FOR USE POLISHED PORCELAIN
Polished porcelain is highly sensitive to scratching,
chemical attack and stains. This is due to the pores
that appear when it is polished.
The polished material is treated with a protective
wax. This protective wax is applied after the material
has been polished and then, while protection is still
fresh, it is brushed off the surface leaving the pores
covered and the tile protected from all attacks.
The final result of the Cleantech finish is a mayor
shine of the tile and a complete stain protection
while laying the tiles.
Once the Cleantech tiles are layed and cleaned
we recommend nevertheless using a tile protector
(MP/90 Fila), as after exhausting cleaning and daily
use the sealing may be damaged.
MAINTENANCE TIPS POLISHED PORCELAIN
What we need to do when we want to clean stains on
“polished” tiles is different to what is done with the
rest of ceramic materials; in the interest of optimal
maintenance and cleanliness, it is recommended
that we carry out a number of steps before we
install them as paving for residential interiors. Grupo
Halcon will not be held liable for problems arising
from material which has not been fitted according
to the following instructions and aftercare advice:
• All Porcelain tiles by nature contain micro pores
on the tile surface. We recommend sealing or
applying an anti-permeability agent on all polished
porcelain tiles in order to protect the tiles (MP/90,
• Tapping to firmly even up the pieces in a uniform
way by using a mallet made from white rubber.
Never use a black or grey one for this purpose.
• Once we have done any necessary tuck pointing
and evening-up, we clean the surface with a moist
sponge before the tuck pointing material hardens.
• We must use adequate methods to avoid any
shine loss or scratching during the construction
• Daily cleaning will be done with clean water and a
• In areas where the paving is more likely to be dirty,
(kitchens, etc…) bleach or ammoniac can be added
to a floor detergent (in these cases we recommend
that the floor be given a final thorough rinsing with
• Waxes or oils etc. must not be applied since the
minimally porous nature of the surface of the
porcelain tile makes it unadvisable to do so as it
may result in “blotchiness” on the surface when
viewed against the light.
• Stains with an organic origin (wine, coffee,
grease, blood, etc…) may be removed with highly
concentrated bleach (the kind of bleach used for
floors, not the kind used to wash clothes).
• Paint or tar-based stains will require specific
solvents (acetone, turpentine, etc…)
• For the removal of fixing material residues, pointing
tuck materials and marks made from metal tools
we can use a commercial anti-incrustation acid
• The chosen product should not contain traces of
hydrofluoric acid (HF); Avoid using hydroflyuorid
• All of the aforementioned advice can eliminate all
kinds of stains with the exception of stains which
have their origin in micro-carbon (black staining
from smoke) which must be avoided at all costs).